General terms and conditions
Please read the Terms carefully and if you do not accept the Terms, do not use the Website. The Terms shall also apply to all telephone betting and betting or gaming via mobile devices including downloadable applications to a mobile device.
We may need to change the Terms from time to time for a number of reasons (including to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and regulatory requirements). All changes will be published on the Website. The most up to date Terms will be available on the Website. If any change is unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Website and/or close your account. If, however, you continue to use the Website after the date on which the changes to the Terms come into effect, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.
Customer Legal Requirements
- Betting is prohibited to persons below the age of 18 years. All bets are void where prohibited by law.
- You are responsible for determining whether your accessing and/or use of the Website is compliant with applicable laws in your jurisdiction and you warrant to us that gambling is not illegal in the territory where you reside. We shall in no way accept liability in situations where your use of the Service is in breach of any state, national or international laws.
- We reserve the right to close any customer account without prior notice for breach of these Terms. Breach of these terms shall lead to withholding of winnings and or suspension of account.
- By accepting these Terms, you are fully aware that there is a risk of losing money when gambling and you are fully responsible for any such loss. In relation to your losses you shall have no claims whatsoever against us or any of our partners, or respective directors, officers or employees.
- By placing a bet, you represent and warrant that you are not prohibited from entering into the bet by any contract, regulation, rule, or sports governing body, and that you do not know the outcome of the event upon which you are betting. In the event these representations are false; your bet is automatically void.
Customer Top Bet Accounts
Registering an Account.
- You are required to open up a personal betting account in order to use our online services.
- You are required to provide accurate information in terms of; legal names, age, registered phone number, email address, physical address before opening an account with Top Bet.
- Your valid phone number will be your primary account identity module. This is because all payments will be made to the number that is registered with us and the Mobile Money Network Operator.
- Customers must keep their registration and account details up to date. This, and your account information, may be amended in the Personal section of the Website.
- By registering an account, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age, are competent to enter into a binding legal agreement, and that you hereby understand and accept all the Terms.
- You may only register and operate a single account with a single mobile money wallet account. If you hold more than one account with the same mobile money service provider we reserve the right to suspend duplicate accounts.
- You may not access the Service by means of another person's account. Should you attempt to open more than one account, under your own name or under any other name, or attempt to access the Service by means of another person's account, we reserve the right to immediately close all your accounts and bar you from future use of any of our Services.
- The account registration process will use your mobile number as your username. Customers must keep this information secret and confidential as you are responsible for the security and all bets/wagers placed on your account and any other activities taking place on your account.
- You may not access the Service by means of another person's account. Should you attempt to open more than one account, under your own name or under any other name, or attempt to access the Service by means of another person's account, we reserve the right to immediately close all your accounts and bar you from future use of any of our Services.
- Our Services are for personal, non-commercial use only. You agree that we are entitled to monitor your gameplay and use of our Service to detect gameplay patterns indicative of professional, non-recreational play. Any professional use of our Service is prohibited.
- Eligibility: Employees of the Company, its licensees, distributors, wholesalers, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, retailers and members of the immediate families of each are not eligible to use the Service, and all accounts in violation of this clause will be immediately terminated.
- You are required to keep your registration details up to date at all times. If you change your address, e-mail, phone number or any other contact or personal information, please contact us in order to update your account information.
- Dormant Accounts: Your account will be considered dormant if it has not had any activity for 180days. Account activity is defined as the following: making of a deposit or withdrawal; placement of a bet. If, on being deemed to be dormant, your account has a positive balance, Top Bet shall take reasonable steps to notify you using the details you provided during your registration process (or as updated by you).
- You can ‘reactivate’ your account by: (a) making a successful deposit; (b) placing a Sports or Financials bet; or (c) playing/taking part in any Casino, Poker, Games or any other Top Bet product.
- To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to deduct a dormant account maintenance fee of up to Uganda Shillings Five Thousand (or its equivalent in other currencies) per month from an inactive account until such account is no longer in credit, has become active, or has been inactive for twenty-four months.
- Refusing and Suspending Accounts: We may refuse to register you as any customer or elect to de-register, exclude or suspend you as a customer from the Service at any time without notice, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever.
- If we de-register, exclude or suspend you, we shall have the unlimited right to:
- withhold payment to you of any contested funds, whether such funds are deposits, refunds, bonuses.
- establish the specific criteria with which you must comply in order to be allowed access to the Service (and your account, if applicable).
Placing Bets; Refusing and Voiding Bets
- You may only bet/wager with the amount of cleared funds held in your account. Accordingly, if you want to place bets or participate in gaming, you must deposit monies into your account. Further details of how to deposit, withdraw and transfer funds can be found on this website.
- All bets and pay outs shall be in Uganda shillings.
- We reserve the right to refuse or limit any bets at our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
- In circumstances where a bet is deemed to be or is declared void by us solely at our discretion (e.g., not as a result of any breach of these Terms), any sum deducted from your account with respect to that bet shall be credited back to your account.
- By depositing funds into your account, you direct us and we agree to hold them, along with any winnings, for the sole and specific purpose of using them (i) to place your sporting and gaming stakes; and (ii) settling any fees or charges that you might incur in connection with the use of our services (Purpose). We shall be entitled to suspend or close your account if we reasonably consider or have reason to believe that you are depositing funds without any intention to place sporting and/or gaming stakes. In such circumstances, we may also report this to relevant authorities.
- Payment Details: you should only deposit funds into your gambling account from a source where you are the named account holder. In such cases where Top Bet identify that the named account holder differs from that the person claiming winnings or making deposits, we reserve the right to treat any deposits into the gambling account as being invalid (and any winnings arising from such deposit as void) and retainable by Top Bet until the actual account holder is identified.
- No credit will be offered by any employee of Top Bet, and all bets must be supported by sufficient funds in the customer account. Top Bet reserves the right to void any bet/wager which may have inadvertently been accepted when the account did not have sufficient funds to cover the bet/wager. Should funds be credited to a customer's account in error it is the customer's responsibility to inform Top Bet without delay. Top Bet will recover such funds by account adjustment.
- If you use a mobile money account, a credit/debit card and/or a financial/bank account for your transactions, the account holder’s / cardholder’s name must be the same as the name you used when registering your account.
- Without limiting our discretion to refuse or limit bets at our discretion, you agree that we may void any bets in our absolute discretion if:
- We suspect you have engaged in any illegal activity or any Prohibited Activity (as defined below);
- You have breached any of these Terms;
- There is a technological error related to the Service or the placing of your bet;
- We have reason to believe that your bet, or the event upon which you have bet, may be subject to manipulation, collusion, match fixing, or other unethical activity; or
- Where we are required to do so by law or regulation.
- Updating Payment Details: Updating or adding payment details may only be done by contacting customer service. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the terms upon which your payments are accepted. You are solely responsible to keep abreast of any changes.
- Inter-Account Transfers: The transfer of funds between individual accounts is strictly prohibited.
- No-Interest: Any monies held in your account shall not attract interest.
- Taxes: We will deduct applicable taxes from any prizes or winnings prior to payment to you; as a result, you acknowledge and agree that any amounts you receive shall be net of such deductions.
- Top Bet reserves the right to decline all, or part, of any bet/wager requested at its sole and absolute discretion. All bets/wagers are placed at your own risk and discretion.
- We only accept bets/wagers made online (including via mobile device or downloadable applications on a mobile device) or by telephone. Bets/wagers are not accepted in any other form (post, email, fax, etc.) and where received will be invalid and void - win or lose.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure details of their bets/wagers are correct. Once bets/wagers have been placed they may not be cancelled by the customer. Bets can only be changed by the customer using our Edit Bet feature, where this is available. Top Bet reserves the right to cancel any bet/wager at any time.
- Your funds will be allocated to bets/wagers in the order they are placed and will not be available for any other use. Top Bet reserves the right to void and/or reverse any transactions made after a bet/wager has been placed involving allocated funds, either at the time or retrospectively.
- Dead-Heats: When a Dead-Heat occurs, winners are paid on a “split-stakes” basis. (e.g. if 2 horses’ dead-heat then half the stake is paid as a winner.)
- Palpable Error Rule: All odds, lines and handicaps are subject to fluctuation and become fixed only at the time of bet acceptance. Where a palpable error or system failure results in an incorrect price, line or handicap taken in a bet – the bet, or part of the bet if it is a multiple /parlay will be void. If the error is noticed in time the Company will make reasonable efforts to contact the customer to allow the choice of placing another bet at the correct odds/line/handicap.
- Bets on events that have started will be void unless it is a live-betting event.
- If any fixture/event is not played or postponed on its scheduled date for any reason, all events will stand for the following day. If after that time the fixture/event is not played then all events will be made void.
- If any match is abandoned due to injury, bad weather, crowd trouble etc. (“Abandonment”) all bets that have already been settled up until the time of Abandonment will stand. For example: If a football match is abandoned in the second half, all bets involving the 1st half will stand. What’s more, if there has been a goal scored, the first goal scorer market will stand, but the last and any time goal scorer bets will be void.
- Multiple bets which combine different selections within the same event are not accepted where the outcome of one affects or is affected by the other.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet and to make ambiguous bets void.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any bets from customers who place money on an event where they are in any way involved, as participants, referee, coach etc.
- For the purposes of the odd/even markets – zero goals/points counts as even, unless specified.
- Collusion: A number of bets may be treated as being one when a client places multiple copies of the same bet. When this occurs, all bets may be voided apart from the first bet struck. A number of bets that contain the same single selection may be treated as being one. When this occurs, all bets may be voided apart from the first bet struck. An example would be where 1 particular selection is repeatedly included in multiple bets involving other short-priced selections. There is evidence of a series of bets each containing the same (or very similar) selection(s) having been placed by or for the same individual or syndicate or individuals, the Company reserves the right to make bets void.
- If you have played in a professional capacity, or in tandem with other player(s) as part of a club, group, etc., or placed bets or wagers in a coordinated manner with other player(s) involving the same (or materially the same) selections; in this instance we further reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to restrict the total maximum pay out for the combined total of any such bets, to the equivalent of the maximum payout limits permitted for a single customer (as outlined in the Company’s general Terms and Conditions). Top Bet is for sole use on an individual basis and for personal entertainment only.
- The Company is not responsible for any errors in regards to the announcing, publishing, times, results or venues displayed on this site, despite every effort being made to ensure their accuracy. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to check such information is accurate at the time of publication.
- The Company reserves the right to withhold payment and to declare bets on an event void if we have evidence that the following has occurred: (i) the integrity of the event has been called into question or (ii) match rigging has taken place. Evidence may be based on the size, volumes or pattern of bets placed with Top Bet across any or all of our betting channels.
- Bets/wagers will not be valid if there are insufficient funds in your account.
- For telephone bets/wagers 'acceptance confirmed' will be deemed only after an operator has completed a full read back of the bet/wager details and confirmed to the customer that the bet/wager has been successfully processed and accepted.
- A bet/wager that you request will only be valid once accepted by Top Bet’s servers. Each valid bet/wager will receive a unique transaction code. We shall not be liable for the settlement of any bets/wagers which are not issued with a unique transaction code. If you are unsure about the validity of a bet/wager, please check your account history, or Contact Us.
- Notwithstanding the above, if bets/wagers are placed via mobile money or credit or debit card are not valid until we have received payment in full from the service provider. The bet/wager will be automatically void if we have not received the payment prior to the relevant event commencing.
- Should a dispute arise, you and Top bet agree that the Top Bet transaction log database will be the ultimate authority in such matters.
- All withdrawals will be processed to the payment account from which the deposits were made. Withdrawal payments can only be made in the name of and to the registered account holder.
- Withdrawals may require multiple transactions over a number of days, based on payment provider funds limitations.
- There may be charges incurred for withdrawals.
- We reserve the right to undertake reasonable diligence to verify the validity of any bets, wagers or winnings as a precondition to paying out any wins or permitting player withdrawals.
- If we incur any charge-backs, reversals or other charges in respect of your account, we reserve the right to charge you for the relevant amounts incurred.
- We may, at any time, set off any positive balance on your account against any amounts owed by you to Top bet.
- You are responsible for reporting your winnings and losses to the tax and/or other authorities in your jurisdiction.
Only one Mobile Money Account per Customer
Winnings will only be paid to customers having one account with a single mobile money account. All winnings will be void for customers with more than one active account with the same mobile service provider.
Limitation on Withdrawals
Customers who withdraw a sum of money that is 5 times or greater than their lifetime deposits though the Service will only be able to withdraw their winnings at a sum of Ugx 4,000 000 per day. The remaining amount will be placed back in the customer’s account until such time that they are eligible for a further withdrawal. This clause will only be applied at the discretion of management.
Settlement and Payouts
- All bets and wagers are subject to the Betting Coverage provisions (including minimum stake and maximum winnings) as stated below:
Minimum stake amount: Ugx 1000
Maximum Pay out for a Single Bet: UGX100,000,000
Maximum pay out for Multi Bet: UGX100,000,000
- The company reserves the right to set a maximum and a minimum stake amount and a payout amount.
- The maximum pay-out limit per customer for each sport will be set by the Company, and a lower maximum payout limit than the limit set out below may be applied at the sole discretion of the company.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure they are aware of each limit before the bet placement. In the event of an accumulator or multiple leg bet, the maximum pay-out will be applied according to the lowest limit.
- Top Bet reserves the right to suspend a market and/or cancel any bet/wager at anytime. When a market is suspended, any bets entered will be rejected. Top Bet also reserves the right to cease betting on any markets at any time without notice.
- all bets will be calculated using the odds at the time the stake was placed.
- In multiple bets/parlays with a void selection(s) only those that are valid will be considered.
- Should a customer include a non-runner or void selection in a multiple bet/parlay, the bet will be settled on the remaining selections.
- Winnings from settled bets/wagers are added to the balance of your betting account. Any funds/winnings credited to an account in error are not available for use, and Top bet reserves the right to void any transactions involving such funds and/or withdraw the relevant amount from your account and/or reverse the transaction, either at the time or retrospectively.
- Top Bet reserves the right to withhold payment and to declare bets on an event void if we have evidence that the following has occurred: (i) the integrity of the event has been called into question; (ii) the price(s) or pool has been manipulated; or (iii) match rigging has taken place. Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with Top bet across any or all of our betting channels. A decision given by the relevant governing body of the sport in question (if any) will be conclusive. If any customer owes any money to Top Bet for any reason, we have the right to take that into account before making any payments to that customer.
- Where there is evidence of a series of bets each containing the same selection(s) having been placed by or for the same individual or syndicate of individuals, Top Bet reserves the right to make bets void or withhold payment of returns pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation.
- For events where there is no official ' kick off' declared, the advertised start time of the event will be deemed the 'kick off'. If for any reason a bet is inadvertently accepted after an event or match has commenced (other than live In-Play betting clearly indicated on the Website), bets will not stand. Disputes over times bets are placed will be settled using the transaction log.
- In-Play betting - where we have reason to believe that a bet is placed after the outcome of an event is known, or after the selected participant or team has gained a material advantage (e.g. a score, sending off for the other team etc) we reserve the right to void the bet, win or lose.
- If for any reason, we are unable to validate the outcome of a particular event (e.g. due to loss of live pictures), all bets will be void, unless settlement of bets is already determined.
- Where a customer gives ambiguous instructions, Top Bet reserves the right to split the amount of monies staked between the potential outcomes. Where this is impractical we reserve the right to void the whole of that bet. In any event, the decision of Top Bet is final.
Review for Irregular Play.
Before any withdrawals are processed, your play will be reviewed for any Prohibited Activity (defined below). Should we determine that Prohibited Activity has occurred, we reserve the right to withhold any withdrawals and/or confiscate all winnings which we reasonably believe are related to the Prohibited Activity.
You agree that, in the event of any payment or credit to your account which is made to your account as a result of our error, such amount(s) paid in error shall be held in trust by you for our benefit and shall not be withdrawn from our account. You shall return all amounts paid in error to us promptly upon our demand. We reserve the right to recover all amounts paid to you in error.
The service is provided 'as is' and we make no warranties or representations, whether express or implied (whether by law, statute or otherwise) including but not limited to implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, non-infringement, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The entire risk of as to the use, quality and performance of the Service is yours. We make no warranty that the Service will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the software or server that makes it available are free from viruses or bugs or represents that the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the Service as to results or accuracy of any information obtained by you.
We reserve the right to suspend, modify or remove or add to our website any games or software at its sole discretion with immediate effect and without notice. we shall not be liable to you for any loss suffered by you resulting from any changes made or for any modification or suspension of or discontinuance of the Service and you shall have no claims against us in such regard.
Use of the website
- Information and Content: Information accessed by you on the Website (including results, statistics, sporting data and fixture lists, odds and betting figures) is for your personal use only and the distribution or commercial exploitation of such information is strictly prohibited. No warranty is given as to the uninterrupted provision of such information, its accuracy or as to the results obtained through its use. The information is not intended to amount to advice or recommendations and is provided for information purposes only. It should not be relied upon when placing bets/wagers, which are made at your own risk and discretion.
- Your Equipment: Your computer equipment or mobile device and internet connection may affect the performance and/or operation of the Website. Top Bet does not guarantee that the Website will operate without faults or errors or that the Top Bet services will be provided without interruption. Top Bet does not accept any liability for any failures or issues that arise due to your equipment, internet connection or internet or telecommunication service provider (including, for example, if you are unable to place bets or wagers or to view or receive certain information in relation to particular events).
- For customers using Top Bet On The Move (including downloadable applications) for the placing of bets/wagers, please note that Top Bet will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of data from the mobile device that the software is installed on, and will also not be responsible for any call, data or other charges incurred whilst using the software.
- Fair Use:
- The Website and Top Bet products may only be used for the purposes of placing bets and wagers on events and/or gaming products.
- You must not use the Website for the benefit of a third party or for any purpose which (in Top Bet’s opinion) is illegal, defamatory, abusive or obscene, or which Top Bet considers discriminatory, fraudulent, dishonest or inappropriate.
- Top Bet will seek criminal and contractual sanctions against any customer involved in fraudulent, dishonest or criminal acts via or in connection with the Website or Top Bet's products. Top Bet will withhold payment to any customer where any of these are suspected or where the payment is suspected to be for the benefit of a third party. The customer shall indemnify and shall be liable to pay to Top Bet, on demand, all Claims arising directly or indirectly from the customer’s fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act.
- Software and Technology Issues
- 1 In order for you to use certain products offered on the Website you may need to download some software (for example, casino games that are made available via a flash player). Also, certain third party product providers may require you to agree to additional terms and conditions governing the use of their products. If you do not accept those third-party terms and conditions, do not use the relevant third party software. Top Bet does not accept any liability in respect of any third-party software.
- 2 You are only permitted to use any and all software made available to you via the Website for the purpose of using products on the Website and, save to the extent permitted by applicable law, for no other purposes whatsoever.
- 3 We hereby grant to you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the relevant software, for the sole purpose of using/playing products on the Website (including the online casino), in accordance with the following provisions.
- 4 You are not permitted to: (i) install or load the software onto a server or other networked device or take other steps to make the software available via any form of "bulletin board", online service or remote dial-in or network to any other person; (ii) sub-license, assign, rent, lease, loan, transfer or copy (except as expressly provided elsewhere in these terms and conditions) your licence to use the software or make or distribute copies of the software; (iii) enter, access or attempt to enter or access or otherwise bypass Top Bet’s security system or interfere in any way (including but not limited to, robots and similar devices) with the relevant products or the Website or attempt to make any changes to the software and/or any features or components thereof; or (iv) copy or translate any user documentation provided 'online' or in electronic format. In addition, and except to the minimum extent permitted by applicable law in relation to computer programs you are not permitted to: (a) translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, create derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the software; or (b) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt, translate, make any attempt to discover the source code of the software or to create derivative works based on the whole or on any part of the software.
- 5 You do not own the software. The software is owned and is the exclusive property of Top Bet or a third-party software provider company (the "Software Provider"). Any software and accompanying documentation which have been licensed to Top Bet are proprietary products of the Software Provider and protected throughout the world by copyright law. Your use of the software does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in the software.
- 6 The software is provided "as is" without any warranties, conditions, undertakings or representations, express or implied, statutory or otherwise. Top Bet hereby excludes all implied terms, conditions and warranties (including any of merchantability, satisfactory quality and fitness for any particular purpose). Top Bet does not warrant that: (i) the software will meet your requirements; (ii) the software will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights; (iii) the operation of the software will be error free or uninterrupted; (iv) any defects in the software will be corrected; or (v) the software or the servers are virus-free.
- 7 In the event of communications or system errors occurring in connection with the settlement of accounts or other features or components of the software, neither Top Bet nor the Software Provider will have any liability to you or to any third party in respect of such errors. Top Bet reserves the right in the event of such errors to remove all relevant products from the Website and take any other action to correct such errors.
- 8 You hereby acknowledge that how you use the software is outside of Top Bet’s control. Accordingly, you load and use the software at your own risk. Top Bet will not have any liability to you or to any third party in respect of your receipt of and/or use of the software.
- 9 The software may include confidential information which is secret and valuable to the Software Provider and/or Top Bet. You are not entitled to use or disclose that confidential information other than strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- 10 While Top Bet endeavors to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, Top Bet shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We reserve the right to make changes or corrections to or to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website and the content or services or products available through it, including your access to it.
- 11 You must not misuse the Website by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. In particular, you must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt the Website or any part of it; any equipment or network on which the Website is stored; any software used in connection with the provision of the Website; or any equipment, software or website owned or used by a third party. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website, software or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Third Party Content
- Top Bet receives feeds, commentaries and content from a number of suppliers. Certain third party product providers may require you to agree to additional terms and conditions governing the use of their feeds, commentaries and content. If you do not accept the relevant third party terms and conditions, do not use the relevant feeds, commentaries or content.
- Top Bet does not accept any liability in respect of any third-party feeds, commentaries and content.
- Top Bet does not allow any employee, anyone else in any way connected to such employee or anyone otherwise connected to a third-party service provider (to be determined in Top Bet’s absolute discretion) to bet/wager on any market or event where the third-party service provider is providing a service to Top Bet. Top Bet will void any bet/wager where it determines in its absolute discretion that such betting/wagering has taken place.
- Where the Website contains links to third party websites and resources, these links are provided for your information only. Top Bet has no control over the content of these sites or resources, and accepts no liability for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The inclusion of a link to a third-party website does not constitute an endorsement of that third party’s website, product or services (if applicable).
- 1 Top Bet will not be liable for any errors in respect of bets or wagers including where: (i) there is an Obvious Error in the relevant odds/spreads/handicap/totals/Cash Out/Edit Bet amount displayed by Top Bet; (ii) Top Bet continues to accept bets or wagers on closed or suspended markets; (iii) Top Bet incorrectly calculates or pays a settlement amount, including where a bet is Cashed Out for the full settlement amount; or (iv) any error occurs in a random number generator or pay tables included, incorporated or used in any game or product.
- 2 Incorrect Price - Prior to the start of an event, In-Play or after the event, where an Obvious Error is identified any bets will stand and be settled at the Top Bet revised price. Where a revised price is deemed less than 1/1000 then bets will be void.
- 3 Where there is sufficient time before the start of an event, Top Bet will endeavor to contact the customer and may in our absolute discretion allow the option of cancelling the bet.
- 4 incorrect Count/Line/Spread/Handicap/Total - Prior to the start of an event, In-Play or after the event, where an Obvious Error is identified any bets will stand and be settled at the count, line, spread, handicap or total taken at the Top Bet revised price except for the following situations:
- 5 Any bet placed on a count, line, spread, handicap or total where the outcome is already known when the bet was placed will be void.
- 6 Incorrect Cash Out or Edit Bet Amount - Prior to the start of an event, In-Play or after the event, any bets that have been Cashed Out by the customer or edited by the customer using our Edit Bet feature, where the Cash Out or Edit Bet amount is incorrect (due to an error in the underlying price), will stand and be resettled at the correct amount.
- 7 Where a selection is Cashed Out following an incorrect result the selection will be resettled on the correct result.
- 8 Where there is sufficient time before the start of an event, Top Bet will endeavour to contact the customer and may in our absolute discretion allow the option of cancelling the bet.
- 9 Incorrect Fixture - Where an incorrect player or team is quoted within a fixture all bets will be void. Such determination to be in Top Bet’s absolute discretion.
- 10 Incorrect Market - If an incorrect market is quoted for any match or event, bets placed on that market will be void; other markets may also be void. Such determination to be in Top Bet’s absolute discretion.
- 11 Late Bets - If for any reason a pre-event bet is inadvertently accepted after a match or event has commenced, bets will be void.
- 12 Obvious Error - Maximum Winnings - The maximum amount which can be won for a bet placed where there is an Obvious Error and a revised price is zero.
Description of Specific Prohibited Activities
We reserve the right to monitor all customer activity for cheating, irregular play and bad faith. Without limitation, the following types of activities are expressly prohibited in connection with our site, Service (“Prohibited Activity”):
- The misuse or abuse of bugs, glitches or errors of the Service;
- The use of bots or any other form of artificial intelligence;
- Hacking, attacking or abusing the Service or any servers, software or other components of the Service;
- Using VPNs or other software to circumvent any geographic limitations applicable to the Service;
- The use of software to influence or modify the outcome of any of the games;
- Match fixing, cheating or collusion;
- Participating in, aiding or facilitating criminal activity of any kind;
- Fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind;
- Abusive chargeback activity;
- Attempting to disrupt the Service or circumvent the technical measures employed by us to ensure the security and fair play of the Service;
- Any betting activity which we reasonably suspect to be irregular, unfair or in bad faith, including but not limited to equal, zero or low margin bets or hedge betting, or placing single bets equal to or in excess of 30% or more of the value of the bonus credited to their account until such time as the betting requirements for that bonus have been met.
- Irregular Play; Other examples of irregular betting include, but are not limited to, placing single bets equal to or in excess of, 30% or more of the value of the bonus credited to your account before the betting requirements for that bonus have been met. Should We deem that you have indulged in irregular game play, we reserve the right to withhold any withdrawals and/or to confiscate all of your winnings.
Customers are strictly prohibited from utilizing our systems to facilitate any type of illegal money transfer system. You will not use our website for any unlawful or fraudulent activity or prohibited transaction (including money laundering) under the laws of any jurisdiction that applies to you. If we have a suspicion that you may be engaging in or have engaged in fraudulent, unlawful or improper activity, including, without limitation, money laundering activities, or conduct otherwise in violation of these Terms, your access to our website will be terminated immediately and/or your account blocked. If your account is terminated or blocked in such circumstances, we are under no obligation to refund to you any funds that may be in your account. In addition, we shall be entitled to inform relevant authorities, other online service providers and banks, credit card companies, electronic payment providers or other financial institutions of your identity and of any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity and you will cooperate fully with the Company to investigate any such activity.
- Top Bet does not accept any liability for any damages, liabilities or losses which are deemed or alleged to have arisen out of or in connection with the Website or its content (including delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or lines failure, any person's misuse of the Website or its content or any errors or omissions in content).
- While Top Bet endeavors to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, Top Bet does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and material on the Website. The Website may contain typographical errors or other inaccuracies, or information that is out of date. Top Bet is under no obligation to update such material. The information and material on the Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Top Bet provides you with the Website on the basis that Top Bet excludes all representations, express or implied warranties, conditions and other terms which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to the Website.
- Top Bet’s total aggregate liability to you under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions does not exceed:
- the value of the bets and/or wagers you placed via your account in respect of the relevant bet/wager or product that gave rise to the relevant liability; and
- the amount of applicable monies, where such monies have been misplaced by us.
- in respect of any other liability, Uganda Shillings Five Hundred Thousand shillings.
- Top Bet shall not be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way for any of the following (whether incurred directly or indirectly):
- loss of profits;
- loss of business;
- loss of revenue;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special, indirect or consequential losses,
whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of the parties at the date of these terms and conditions.
Nothing in this Section shall limit Top Bet's liability to pay the customer winnings or other sums properly owing to it, subject always to terms and conditions set out herein and the maximum winnings on products in Appendix Two to these Terms and Conditions.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Top Bet’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by Top Bet’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Our intellectual property rights
- The contents of the Website are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owner of these rights is Top Bet, its affiliates or other third party licensors.
- All product and company names and logos mentioned on the Website are the trademarks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including Top Bet.
- Except to the extent required to use a product for the purpose of placing bets or wagers, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored, modified, copied, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed, by any means or in any manner, or included in any other website or in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service including text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our express prior written consent.
- If you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material, information, comments, postings or other content to the Website ("User Content"), then the User Content will be considered to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and Top Bet has the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any User Content for any purpose. Top Bet also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. Top Bet has the right to remove, amend or edit any User Content you make on the Website.
- Any commercial use or exploitation of the Website or its content is strictly prohibited.
Termination of Account
We reserve the right to terminate your account for any reason whatsoever at any time without notifying you. Any balance in your account at the time of such a cancellation will be credited to your mobile money account/credit/debit card, unless your account has been terminated for Prohibited Activity as set out above. We also reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to void any winnings and confiscate any balance in your account in any of the following circumstances:
- If you have more than one active account;
- If the name registered on your account does not match the credit/debit card, financial/bank account and/or Mobile Money used to make deposits on the account;
- If you participate in a promotion and submit a withdrawal before fulfilling the requirements of that particular promotion;
- If you provide incorrect or misleading information while registering an account;
- If you are not of legal age to gamble;
- If you have allowed or permitted (intentionally or unintentionally) someone else to use account;
- If you have played in a professional capacity, or in tandem with other customer(s) as part of a club, group, etc., or placed bets or bets in a coordinated manner with other customer(s) involving the same (or materially the same) selections; in this instance we further reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to restrict the total maximum pay out for the combined total of any such bets, to the equivalent of the maximum pay-out Limits permitted for a single customer (as outlined in the applicable rules).
- If you have "charged back" any of the deposits made with your credit/debit card on your account;
- If you are found colluding, cheating, money laundering or undertaking any kind of fraudulent activity while using the Service;
- If it is determined by us that you have employed or made use of a system (including machines, computers, software or other automated systems such as bots etc.) designed specifically to defeat, disable, cheat, or gain an unfair advantage while using the Service;
- If you use or access the Service or your account in bad faith;
- If you make statements that are sexually explicit or offensive while using our chat facility, this includes expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred or profanity; or
- If we should become aware that you have played at any other sportsbook or online gambling service under any of the circumstances set out in clauses 14.1.1 through 14.1.2.
- In the event we terminate your account as a result of suspicious or illegal activity, we reserve the right to pursue criminal charges or other criminal or civil sanctions against you, and we reserve the right disclose any relevant information to the authorities or other third parties as may be necessary to pursue any remedies available to us in this regard.
- Top Bet actively monitors traffic to and from the Website. Top Bet reserves the right in its sole discretion to block access where evidence indicative of automated or robotic activity is found.
- Top Bet reserves the right to restrict access to all or certain parts of the Website in respect of certain jurisdictions.
- Top Bet may alter or amend the products offered via the Website at any time and for any reason.
- From time to time, all or part of the Website may be unavailable for use by you because of our maintenance of the Website and/or alteration or amendment of any of the Website products.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our directors, officers, employees, shareholders, agents and affiliates against any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages (whether direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive or other) arising from any participation in the Service by you, including without limitation:
The use of the Service by you or anyone using your account;
The use of the Service by means of telecommunication services;
Use re-use of any materials at, or obtained from, the Service;
Entry to, or use or re-use of any servers or equipment involved in providing the Service;
Facilitating or making a deposit into your account;
Wagering or gaming via the Service through any delivery mechanism offered; and
Acceptance and use of any win or prize at or from us or the Service.
Availability; Offers and Promotions
All offers are limited to one per person, e-mail address, telephone number, same payment account number (e.g. mobile money account, debit or credit card, etc.), and shared computer, e.g. school, public library or workplace.
All offers are intended for recreational customers and we may, in our sole discretion, limit the eligibility of customers to participate in any given promotion. We reserve the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any customer.
We reserve the right to reclaim all bonuses awarded and/or any winnings accrued if a customer is found to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of any promotion. Where there is evidence of a series of bets placed by a customer and/or group of customers which, as a result of enhanced payments through promotional offers, results in guaranteed customer profits irrespective of outcome, we reserve the right to ignore the bonus element of such offers and settle bets at the correct odds. We further reserve the right to ask any customer to provide sufficient documentation for us to be fully satisfied as to the customer’s identity prior to us crediting any bonus, free bet or offer to their account.
You are strictly prohibited from utilizing the Service and our systems to facilitate arbitrage through currency exchange transactions. Where we deem that you have deliberately used the systems for financial gain through arbitrage, any gains will be forfeited and deducted from your balance without warning or notification.
- In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms and Conditions or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver of that or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy in respect of the circumstances in question, or operate so as to bar the enforcement of that, or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently.
- The rights and remedies provided by these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and (unless otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions) do not exclude any other rights or remedies available in law.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- You shall execute or cause to be executed all documents and do or cause to be done all further acts and things consistent with the terms of these Terms and Conditions that Top Bet may from time to time reasonably require in order to vest in and secure to Top Bet the full benefit of rights and benefits to be transferred or granted to Top Bet under these Terms and Conditions and for the protection and enforcement of the same and otherwise to give full effect to the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall create or be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture or principal-agent relationship between the parties and no party shall have authority to bind any other in any way unless expressly provided otherwise in these Terms and Conditions.
- Top Bet shall not be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control including (without limitation) any telecommunications network failures, power failures, failures in third party computer hardware or software, fire, lightning, explosion, flood, severe weather, industrial disputes or lock-outs, terrorist activity and acts of government or other competent authorities. In such circumstances the time for performance shall be extended by a period equivalent to the period during which performance of the obligation has been delayed or failed to be performed.
- Top Bet may assign, transfer, charge, sub-license or deal in any other manner with these Terms and Conditions, or sub-contract any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, to any party including any company within the Top Bet group.
- Any notice to be given under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing, in English and may be served by hand delivery to Top Bet offices published on the website.
Complaints, disputes, governing law and jurisdiction
- All transactions, use of and access to this website are governed by the laws of Uganda.
- Should there be any claim or dispute arising from a past or current transaction, please contact us on the address and contacts displayed on the website.
- If Top Bet is unable to settle the dispute, either party is entitled to refer the dispute to an arbiter in Kampala, Uganda whose decision will be final (save in respect of any manifest error) subject to full representation given to all parties involved.
- No dispute regarding any bet/wager will result in litigation, court action or objection to a bookmaker’s license or permit (including any remote operator’s license or personal license) unless Top Bet fails to implement the decision given by arbitration.
By accepting any prize and/or winnings, you agree to being contacted and asked to consent for your name to be used for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
These Terms represent the complete, final and exclusive agreement between you and us, and supersede and merge all prior agreements, representations and understandings between you and us with regards to use of our Service. We reserve the right to amend these Terms, or to implement or amend any procedures, at any time without prior notice to you. Such amendments will be implemented at the discretion of management and put into immediate effect.
Final Decision for Winnings
In the event of a discrepancy between the result showing on your software and our servers, the result showing on our server shall be the official and governing result.
All transactions must be in Uganda shillings.
We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the gaming contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, trust arrangement, fiduciary relationship or any other form of joint enterprise between you and us.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, trust arrangement, fiduciary relationship or any other form of joint enterprise between you and us.
These Terms are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with our prior written consent. We reserve the right to assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder to any third party without notice to you.
In the event of a change of control, merger, acquisition, or sale of assets of the company, your customer account and associated data may be part of the assets transferred to the purchaser or acquiring party. In such an event, we will provide you with notice via email or notice on our web site explaining your options with regards to the transfer of your account.
These Terms may be translated into many different languages. If there is any discrepancy between the English language version of these Terms and any other language version of these Terms in the meaning and interpretation of any of the provisions of these Terms, the meaning and interpretation of the provisions under the English language version shall prevail.
Explanation of Terms
Should you need any advice regarding these or any other part of our service, please contact Customer Service through the following email address:
Please note that all correspondence and telephone calls may be recorded.
these Betting Rules apply to any bets placed on www.topbet.ug. If you do not agree with these rules, you are not entitled to place a bet on www.topbet.ug.
These terms and conditions govern your participation in any "Free Bet" promotions offered by the Company. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you are not permitted to participate in such promotions and you should not accept any Free Bet offered by us.
Company Account: This is the account that you registered with the Company. This account will consist of both your Cash balance and your Free Bet balance.
Free Bet: The Company runs various promotions which may offer "free bets." Any Free Bet that you qualify for will be added to your Free Bet balance, and can be used to place wagers.
- A Free Bet can only be used to place wagers, and cannot be transferred, substituted or exchanged. Any available Free Bet balance cannot be withdrawn.
- The Company’s general Terms and Conditions shall apply to all interactions with the Company, and must be read in conjunction with all other terms and conditions relating to promotions. In the event of a conflict between these Free Bet Terms and Conditions and the Company’s general Terms and Conditions, the Company’s general Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- A Free Bet is available for a maximum of 7 days from the date that the Free Bet was credited to your Company Account. If not used, your Free Bet will automatically expire after 7 days and will be removed from your Company Account (unless specified otherwise in specific promotional terms).
- Any Free Bet balance must be used in its entirety as a single bet. This single bet can include single selections or multiple selections in one bet.
- Should the Free Bet be placed on a selection that is later voided, the original Free Bet wagered amount will be returned to your Company Account.
- The Free Bet is non-refundable and the Free Bet wagered amount is not included in any winnings. Only the winnings will be paid to your Company Account.
- The maximum return on any Free Bet is Ugx30,000.00
- If you make a withdrawal, any Free Bet balance you have available will be forfeited.
- Before any withdrawals are processed, your play will be reviewed for any irregular playing patterns. Using a combination of bets which include both a Free Bet and Cash on the same event to place equal, zero or low margin or hedge bets, shall all be considered irregular gaming for free bet requirement purposes. In the interests of fair gaming, should the Company deem that irregular game play has occurred, we reserve the right to withhold any withdrawals and/or confiscate all winnings.
- Your total account balance consists of a Cash balance and a Free Bet balance. Withdrawals cannot be made from the Free Bet balance, but the Free Bet balance can be used to place wagers.
- Should you require any clarification or advice regarding these Terms, please contact Customer Support.