Top Bet promotes gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly.
To assist you we offer advice help you manage your gambling. These give you control of both the time and money you spend gambling;
Our customer service staff receive dedicated training on dealing with problem gambling issues and are available to listen and to support you in keeping control.
Stay In Control
We believe that gambling should always be an enjoyable leisure activity. Remembering these simple tips can help make sure your gambling doesn’t become a problem.
1. Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money.
2. Bet sensibly and never chase your losses.
3. Only gamble what you can afford to lose. Use Deposit Limits to manage the amount of money you spend.
4. Monitor the amount of time you spend playing. Set up Reality Checks to remind you how long you have been logged into your account.
5. Balance gambling with other activities. If gambling is your only form of entertainment think about whether you are still having fun.
6. Take regular breaks from gambling. Gambling continuously can cause you to lose track of time and perspective.
7. Don’t gamble when under the influence of alcohol or when you’re upset or depressed.
8. Think about how much money you spend gambling. You can track your activity in your Online Account History.
9. If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then Contact our customer service team or a problem gambling support service.
Limit Your Account
We encourage you to set a deposit limit to manage the amount of money that you can deposit into your account. Limits can be set for a 24 hour, 7 day or 30 day period and cannot be overridden.
You can decrease your deposit limits at any time and this will be applied immediately.
Before increasing your deposit limits carefully consider if you can afford to do so. Never decide to increase your limit because you have lost money and think that you will win it back by gambling more. If you wish to increase a limit you will need to wait 24 hours before we action your request and then return to our site to confirm that you still want to increase it.
You can set, amend and confirm your deposit limits in the Responsible Gambling Controls section of Members by choosing Deposit Limits.
To help you manage the amount of time you spend playing at Top Bet, you can set up a Reality Check alert on your account. Once set, a pop-up alert will be displayed as a reminder that you have been logged into your account for the specified period of time (excludes Poker game play).
If you wish to receive the alerts more often any changes will be applied straight away, but if you wish to receive the alerts less often you will need to wait 24 hours before this is applied.
You can set or amend your Reality Check in the Responsible Gambling Controls section of Members by choosing Reality Checks.
Online Account History
To enable you to keep track of your activity, you can access a history of your transactions, deposits and withdrawals in our Members area and your balance is always visible in the top right corner of the page when logged in to Top Bet.
You can access your online account history by going to Services then selecting History when logged into your account.
Recognise a Problem
Whilst the vast majority of our customers enjoy gambling in a safe and responsible manner, for a small number of people gambling can have a harmful impact.
Answering the self-assessment below will help you consider whether you have a problem:
1. Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
2. When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
3. Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
4. Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
5. Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
6. After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
7. Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
8. Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely you are to have a gambling problem. If you have answered ‘yes’ we recommend that you speak to someone about your answers, Contact our customer service team or a problem gambling support service.
We also recommend that you consider Self-Exclusion.
Take a Break
If you want to take a short break from betting and gaming with us, you can do so by taking a Time-Out for a period of 24 hours, 48 hours, 7 days or 30 days.
Once you begin your Time-Out, you will not be able to use your account for betting and gaming, although you will still be able to login to withdraw any remaining balance. It will not be possible to reactivate your account until your chosen period has ended.
If you feel you are at risk of developing a gambling problem or believe you currently have a gambling problem, you should use Self-Exclusion.
To take a Time-Out please visit the Responsible Gambling Controls section of Members by choosing Time-Out.
If you feel you are at risk of developing a gambling problem or believe you currently have a gambling problem, please consider Self-Exclusion.
If you want to stop playing for any other reason, please consider taking a Time-Out or using Account Closure.
Self-Exclusion allows you to close your account for a specified period of 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years. This prevents you gambling with Top Bet for your selected period of time.
During a period of self-exclusion you will not be able to use your account for betting and gaming, although you will still be able to login to withdraw any remaining balance. It will not be possible to re-open your account for any reason, and Top Bet will do all it can to detect and close any new accounts you may open.
You also have the option of selecting which areas of the site you would like to limit your access to, for example, Sports, Poker or all Gaming products.
Should you opt to self-exclude from Top Bet, we strongly recommend that you seek exclusion from all other gambling operators you have an account with.
Whilst we will remove you from our marketing databases, we also suggest that you remove Top Bet from your notifications and delete/uninstall all Top Bet apps, downloads and social media links. You may also wish to consider installing software that blocks access to gambling websites, click here for more information.
We recommend that you seek support from a problem gambling support service to help you deal with your problem.
You can self-exclude your account in the Responsible Gambling Controls section of Members by choosing Self-Exclusion.
Alternatively you can Contact our customer service team for assistance and further information.
Friends and Family
We understand that problem gambling not only affects the gambler, but also their friends and family members. Often people who develop a problem do not realise it.
If you are concerned that a friend or family member has developed a gambling problem, here are some of the possible warning signs:
- Uncontrolled spending
- Spending significant amounts of time gambling
- Concealing or lying about gambling behaviour
- Borrowing money or stealing in order to gamble
- Gambling impacting on relationships or causing arguments
- Withdrawal from activities with family and friends
- Loss of interest in hobbies or leisure pursuits
- Neglecting work or studies
We recommend that you encourage the individual to contact Top Bet to discuss their gambling behaviour and to seek help.
You can of course Contact our customer service team to discuss the matter. There are also support services that are available to help people affected by problem gambling.
It is against the law for those under the age of 18 to gamble and Top Bet takes its responsibility to prevent underage gambling very seriously. We carry out age verification checks on all customers and ask for documentary proof of age where checks are inconclusive.
The accounts of anyone under the age of 18 found to be gambling with Top Bet will be closed and any winnings will be forfeited.
If you suspect that someone under the age of 18 is gambling with Top Bet please Contact Us to report this.
Website Blocking Software
There are a number of third party applications that you can use to monitor or restrict access to the internet:
- CYBERsitter (www.cybersitter.com): Filtering software allowing parents to choose their own sites to block.
- Net Nanny (www.netnanny.com): General blocking software that protects children from inappropriate web content. Also available on iOS and Android devices.
- Betfilter (www.betfilter.com): Specific blocking software for gambling websites. Also available for Android devices.
- GamBlock (www.gamblock.com): Specific blocking software for gambling websites. Also available for Android devices.
- You may also want to familiarise yourself with the built-in parental controls on your mobile, tablet, PC or TV.
There are also support services available to provide free and confidential advice on problem gambling issues.